Red Deer College
Let Your Voice Be Heard!
Become a Student-At-Large Representative on a Students’ Association committee:
• Events Committee
• Cultural Activities Trust Fund (aka CAT Fund)
• Issues Committee
• Bylaw Amendment Review Committee (aka BARC)
• Mental Health Initiative
• Accountability Task Force
To learn more or to put your name forward, contact Students' Association President Bailey Daines or Vice President Operations Rebecca Tootoosis. Inquiries may also be directed to the Students' Association Office at 403-342-3200.
Representation on the Provincial Stage
Did you know that your Students’ Association at Red Deer College is part of the Alberta Students’ Executive Council (ASEC)?
ASEC is Alberta’s largest post-secondary provincial advocacy organization by representing the interests of over 175,000 students from 15 post-secondary institutions across Alberta. ASEC is a member-driven, non-partisan advocacy group that unites student voices from all over Alberta and brings their ideas to the provincial government. Your Students’ Association (SA) here at Red Deer College has taken a strong leadership role within ASEC and look forward to continuing to advocate for student interests in 2014/2015.
- Your Students’ Association President Bailey Daines is one of the five executives for ASEC. She is the Director of Policy whose main role is to draft the advocacy documents that will be presented to the government.
- Your Vice President Operations Rebecca Tootoosis sits on ASEC’s Finance Committee and Governance Committee.
- Your Vice President College Affairs Evan Lintick sits on ASEC’s Policy Committee and Marketing and Communications Committee.
- And your Vice President Student Life Jhymylyn Miranda sits on the Mental Health Committee. This committee was formed last year after ASEC successfully lobbied for student-led mental health initiatives across Alberta’s post-secondary institutions.
The student voice is very powerful. If you are interested to hear more about the Alberta Student Executive Council, feel free come upstairs to the Students’ Association office on campus to talk with any of your SA executives. Or check out ASEC’s website at www.albertastudents.ca
Representation, Services, FUN!
The Students’ Association of Red Deer College plays an important role in your life at RDC. The SA advocates for and represents students, provides a myriad of important (and fun!) services and is one of the largest employers of students on campus!
If you have a question, concern, need some more information or want to become more active with your SA, stop by the SA office, call 403-342-3200 or send us an email!
Our mission: The Students’ Association of Red Deer College will enrich and enhance the quality of student life at Red Deer College by providing affordable and quality services, effective political representation and exciting opportunities for its members.